Google Forms is a versatile tool that can be used for everything from lead capture to event registration to survey collection. It's free, easy to use, and customizable, which makes it a go-to solution for many businesses.
Because it integrates with other Google products like Gmail and Google Sheets, it's easy to keep all of your data organized in one place.
But what if there was a way to make Google Forms even more powerful? Enter: Google Form add ons. Add-ons are third-party extensions that give you additional features and functionality.
In this article, we'll share some of the best Google Forms add-ons that streamline your processes and make it easy to collect and organize data.
Google Forms add ons that will improve your business
The Best Overall Google Form Add On - Form Publisher
The first Google Form add-on on our list is Form Publisher. This add-on takes your Google Form responses and generates professional documents from them. With Form Publisher, you can create PDFs, Google Docs, and Microsoft Office documents.
This isn’t something you can do easily with Google Forms natively, and having this add-on smooths out the process for anyone. How does it work? Simply select the add-on, choose the document type, choose a template, and a document will be automatically generated.
You can also customize the layout and design of your documents. Because Form Publisher integrates with Google Drive, you can easily share your documents with others.
Here are some of the key features of Form Publisher:
- Custom templates: With Form Publisher, you can create custom templates for your documents. This is helpful if you want to maintain a consistent look and feel for your documents.
- Approval Workflows: Form Publisher includes an approval workflow feature that allows you to route your documents for review before they're published. This is a great way to ensure accuracy and quality control.
- Personalized email notifications: Form Publisher can send email notifications to you and your team when a document is generated. This way, you can stay on top of your data collection.
- Automated sharing: Form Publisher can automatically share your documents with others via email or Google Drive. This is a great way to keep your team organized and coordinated.
- Legally compliant e-signatures: Form Publisher allows you to add legally compliant e-signatures to your documents. This is helpful if you need to collect signatures for legal or contractual purposes.
- Multiple templates at once: With Form Publisher, you can create multiple templates for your documents. This is helpful if you need to generate different types of documents from your Google Form responses.
- Inline images or photos: Form Publisher allows you to add inline images or photos to your documents. This is helpful if you need to include images in your documents, such as a product photo or company logo.
A Great Google Form Plugin for Summarizing Results - Advanced Summary
Advanced Summary is one of the better Google Forms extensions because it allows users to see a summary of responses in the form of charts and filters without needing to step over to Google Sheets. The native summary features of Google Forms leave a lot to be desired, and Advanced Summary kicks it up a notch.
With this add-on, businesses can easily see patterns in responses and make decisions accordingly. And the charts you create are much easier to configure right on the Google Form itself.
Let's take a look at some of the features of Advanced Summary:
- Filters and search: With Advanced Summary, users can filter responses by date, time, or response type. This helps find specific responses or for narrowing down results to a certain period.
- Embed anywhere: The Advanced Summary add-on can be embedded in any website or blog. This makes it easy to share results with others and to keep track of responses over time.
- Automatic charts: The tool will automatically find the most appropriate chart type for your data. This is helpful for quickly understanding trends in responses.
- Customization: Advanced Summary allows you to customize the look and feel of the charts. This includes changing the colors, fonts, and other aspects of the chart. You can also change the chart type, which helps understand the data in different ways.
- Safe and secure: Your data is never uploaded to the tool’s servers. They use client-side processing, which means that customer data stays on their computer. This is important for privacy and security.
An Excellent Google Form Extension for Limiting Number of Responses - formLimiter
formLimiter is excellent as a Google Forms add on because it allows you to limit the number of responses your form receives. This is ideal for ensuring that your form doesn't get overloaded with responses or for creating a contest where you only want to accept a certain number of entries.
formLimiter is easy to use and only requires a few clicks to set up. Once installed, you can specify the maximum number of responses that your form will accept. You can also choose to accept responses on a first-come, first-served basis or to randomly select from all of the eligible responses.
The key features of formLimiter allow you to:
- Specify the maximum number of responses that your form will accept. After the limit is reached, your form will be closed to new responses.
- Specify a specific date and time when your form will close. This is useful for ensuring that your form is only open for a certain period.
- Close your form based on the value of a cell in a spreadsheet. For example, when a certain cell hits a certain value that you’ve set, the form will close to new responses.
An Awesome App for Google Form Quizzes - Timer for Google Forms
Adding a timer to your Google Form can be a great way to add an element of urgency and encourage respondents to complete the form on time. This can be great for educators who are creating quizzes on Google Forms or for recruiting tests.
Timer for Google Forms allows you to record the submission time of your form response. The timer can be displayed in either the header or footer, and you can also choose to hide the timer from users if desired. The add-on also allows you to specify the time limit for completing the form; when the limit is reached, it will automatically submit the form. They also offer some useful proctoring features.
Key features of the Timer for Google Forms add-on include:
- Allows you to include a custom time limit for completing the form.
- Track submission time of form responses on your Google Sheets.
- Set start and end dates for your form.
- Prevent users from going back and changing their answers after the timer has expired.
Click here to learn how to add an image header for your Google Forms
Start creating personalized documents from Google Forms with Form Publisher
So, those are some of the best Google Forms add-ons to help streamline your processes. There are so many awesome Google Form add ons being made every day to make this already extremely useful tool even better.
If you're looking for an easy way to create personalized documents from your Google Forms data, Form Publisher is the add-on for you. With just a few clicks, you can have a customized PDF or Doc with all of your data ready to go. Plus, it’s free! So why wait? Install Form Publisher and start streamlining your processes today!